For Immediate Release: October 17, 2023
Subject Arrested While Transporting Drugs Across State Lines
LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Lynchburg Police Department Special Investigations Division with the assistance of the Virginia State Police 3A Narcotics and Gang Task Force, the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office, and the Virginia State Police conducted a narcotics interdiction operation in Nelson County.
The LPD Special Investigations Division received information about possible drugs in transit to central Virginia. On October 11, 2023, at approximately 10:30 p.m., the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office initiated a traffic stop after the vehicle had been located by Narcotic Investigators on Route 151 South in the Afton area of Nelson County.
The Nelson County Sheriff’s Office K9 Handler and his K9, Bane, conducted an open air search around the vehicle for the odor of narcotics, which lead to a positive indication and search of the vehicle.
After a search of the vehicle was conducted, the following was located and seized:
• Approximately 1.2 Pounds of Methamphetamine
• Approximately 4,800 pressed Fentanyl pills
• Approximately 100 grams of Fentanyl powder
• Approximately 100 grams of Heroin
• Approximately 4.5 ounces of Cocaine
Oshea Jackson (40-year-old male) of Lynchburg was arrested and charged with the following:
• Possession with the Intent to Distribute Fentanyl
• Possession with the Intent to Distribute Heroin
• Possession with the Intent to Distribute Cocaine
• Possession with the Intent to Distribute Methamphetamine
· Possession, Manufacture, Distribution, etc. of Weapon of Terrorism
Additional charges are pending and the case remains under investigation.
This operation would not have been successful without the teamwork of the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office, Virginia State Police, Harrisonburg Police Department Vice/Narcotics Unit, 3A Drug and Gang Task Force, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
The 3A Narcotics and Gang Taskforce is comprised of members of the Virginia State Police, Greene County Sheriff’s Office, Albemarle County Police Department, Nelson County Sheriff’s Office, and the Drug Enforcement Administration (Charlottesville Post of Duty).